In The News
- Need grammar tips? Look no further October 2016 review by Galveston, Texas, author and columnist Mark Lardas. “Keeping track of grammar’s myriad conventions can be eye-glazingly dull, but is still important to do it right. Watson makes things easy to find and explains things clearly. Each topic is briefly covered with a focused, typically two-page discussion. Watson includes examples of the right way and wrong way, explaining the difference. She closes with a tip or quote accentuating her message.”
- Exceptionally well written, organized and presented; thoroughly user-friendly in content and tone November 2017 review by Midwest Book Review Editor-in-Chief James A. Cox. “Whether writing for work, for school, for publication, or even creating a knockout profile for LinkedIn or a dating website, Grammar For People Who Hate Rules will bring the reader quickly up to speed with respect to today’s English grammar. Writers will build their reputation as they build their mastery, impressing their clients, their boss, their professor, their editors — or maybe even their potential spouse!”
- Central Time National Grammar Day 2017 interview on Wisconsin Public Radio with Rob Ferrett and Veronica Rueckert. Kathleen Watson begins 4 minutes into this segment from the show: audio
- How to Hitch a Ride on Someone Else’s Holiday to Sell Books March 2017 article by Joan Stewart. “… the genius move that Kathleen Watson made when she associated her book with National Grammar Day. Find out how she capitalized on a relatively unknown holiday and gained a lot of readers for her effort.”
- Madison Magazine January 2017: Side Notes by Neil Heinen, editorial director, about Grammar for People Who Hate Rules: “Not only would it make a good textbook; the three bonus tips by themselves make owning the book worthwhile.”
- Northwestern University Alumni Publication Winter 2016:
mention of publication of Grammar for People Who Hate Rules.
- Jennifer Scott, online editor at Best British Essays, offered nine tips for writers who edit their own work. She listed RuthlessEditor.com as one of the seven best websites for writers to check their grammar. Her tips appeared January 15, 2019, on barbaranichol.com.
- Table of Contents of Grammar for People Who Hate Rules (.pdf)
- Synopses for Grammar for People Who Hate Rules (.docx)
- Author Bios for Kathleen A. Watson (.docx)
- Book Details and Purchase Information (.docx)
- Author Profile Photos: download for print or download for web
- Book Cover Images: flat cover / e-book or 3D cover standing