In The News
- My blog “12 Tips For Better Business Emails” has been republished in ragan.com. Ragan Communications, Inc. has since 1970 been delivering practical advice, real-world solutions and field-tested strategies for today’s corporate communicator.
- The Author Show, April 2018 radio interview
- Ruthless editor touts merits of good grammar
June 2018 interview in GazetteXtra by columnist Anna Marie Lux. “In the digital age of texting, Kathleen Watson still understands the importance of a finely crafted sentence. She knows the right words and the right punctuation can earn respect and wield power. She also knows the wrong words and wrong punctuation create confusion.”
- Need grammar tips? Look no further
October 2016 review by Galveston, Texas, author and columnist Mark Lardas. “Keeping track of grammar’s myriad conventions can be eye-glazingly dull, but is still important to do it right. Watson makes things easy to find and explains things clearly. Each topic is briefly covered with a focused, typically two-page discussion. Watson includes examples of the right way and wrong way, explaining the difference. She closes with a tip or quote accentuating her message.”
- Exceptionally well written, organized and presented; thoroughly user-friendly in content and tone
November 2017 review by Midwest Book Review Editor-in-Chief James A. Cox. “Whether writing for work, for school, for publication, or even creating a knockout profile for LinkedIn or a dating website, Grammar For People Who Hate Rules will bring the reader quickly up to speed with respect to today’s English grammar. Writers will build their reputation as they build their mastery, impressing their clients, their boss, their professor, their editors — or maybe even their potential spouse!”
- Trustworthy grammar advice for laypeople and language professionals
January 2018 review by Erin Brenner, Right Touch Editing, provider of copyediting and training services. “It’s not often that I praise a grammar book aimed at a mass audience. I was thrilled, though, to read Grammar for People Who Hate Rules: Killer Tips from the Ruthless Editor by Kathleen A. Watson. She has collected 57 short language-related tips meant to help laypeople (those who aren’t professional writers and editors) raise the quality of their writing and speaking. Despite the target audience, this is a worthy guide for copyeditors and other language professionals.”
- How to Hitch a Ride on Someone Else’s Holiday to Sell Books
March 2017 article by Joan Stewart. “… the genius move that Kathleen Watson made when she associated her book with National Grammar Day. Find out how she capitalized on a relatively unknown holiday and gained a lot of readers for her effort.”
- Madison Magazine January 2017: Side Notes by Neil Heinen, editorial director, about Grammar for People Who Hate Rules: “Not only would it make a good textbook; the three bonus tips by themselves make owning the book worthwhile.”
- Northwestern University Alumni Publication Winter 2016:
mention of publication of Grammar for People Who Hate Rules.
- Jennifer Scott, online editor at Best British Essays, offered nine tips for writers who edit their own work. She listed RuthlessEditor.com as one of the seven best websites for writers to check their grammar.
- Table of Contents of Grammar for People Who Hate Rules (.pdf)
- Synopses for Grammar for People Who Hate Rules (.docx)
- Author Bios for Kathleen A. Watson (.docx)
- Book Details and Purchase Information (.docx)
- Author Profile Photos: download for print or download for web
- Book Cover Images: flat cover / e-book or 3D cover standing